CHETHANA – Palliative Care Project of Dept of Homoeoepathy.
Chethana – The palliative care is an approach which aims at improving the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problems associated with life threatening illness, through an integrated approach and takes into consideration their physical and psychological needs of patients and their family members.
The Department of Homoeopathy has started palliative care units in all district level hospitals which are also secondary referral units. The palliative care units in each hospital has a team which comprises of Doctors, palliative nurses and other staff members. Home care support is an integral part of the Palliative care activities of each hospital.
- Offers support for all terminally ill patients including patients bed ridden with residual symptoms of stroke, neurological conditions, spinal cord injuries and cancer.
- Take care of physical , psychological and holistic aspects of health
- Focuses on cost effective homoeopathic treatment with medicinal and accessory support.
- Free of cost supportive care and free medical treatment by a team comprising of trained doctor and palliative nurse.
- Incorporates homoeopathic treatment with other treatment modalities.
The Palliative Care is provided at
- Each District Homoeopathic Hospitals which has a Palliative OP from 9 am to 2 pm.
- 5 bedded In-patient facility in each district hospital.
- Primary care at each homoeopathic dispensaries and referral to district homoeopathic hospitals.
- Awareness classes and Seminars about Palliative Care .
- Free medical camp headed by Palliative Doctor- nurse team.